Summer's just around the corner and we have the perfect recipe to kick off the season with.
Jump head first into summer with this light and refreshing recipe, perfect for an evening on your patio.
Seafood always reminds me of warm summer nights with friends and family on decks and patios. There's something about fresh fish, shrimp, prawns, scallops, and seafood in general, that is so light and refreshing after a hot day in the sun. Now, although summer isn't quite here yet, shrimp is one of my favourite summertime foods and this recipe, adapted from Fork Knife Swoon, has me very excited for the months ahead.
Prepped, cooked and ready to go in just 25 minutes and loaded with fresh and healthy ingredients, these shrimp skewers are bound to become one of your summer 2013 favourites.
*Note: this recipe serves 4
- 2 limes, juiced and zested
- 2-3 chiles, seeds removed and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 packets PGX Daily Singles
- 1-1/2 lb (24-30) shrimp, peeled and deveined
The Cooking Instructions:
- Preheat your broiler.
- Blend lime zest and juice, chiles, garlic, cilantro, mint and olive oil in a food processor.
- Pour the blended mixture on top of the shrimp and marinade them between 10 and 30 minutes.
- Skewer 4 or 5 shrimp on each wooden skewer.
- Place skewers on a non-stick sheet pan.
- Pour remaining sauce over the shrimp.
- Broil for 4 to 5 minutes and flip the skewers once halfway through. Shrimp are cooked when they become opaque and appear to be cooked through.
- Sprinkle PGX Daily Singles evenly over the shrimp.
- Serve immediately.
We're always on the look out for tasty recipes to share with you. Contact us in the comments below or on our Facebook page if you have a great recipe that you think other Webber Natural fans would like, and it could be featured on our next Tasty Tuesday blog!
Image source: Fork Knife Swoon