Heirloom Tomato Salsa with PGX Daily
+ enlarge image
Yield: 8 Servings
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
This salsa is the perfect condiment to spice up any salad, burger or grilled fish dish.
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1.5 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (or basil), chopped
- 2 cups heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium green onion
- 1/8 tablespoon pink rock or grey sea salt
- 5g PGX Daily Singles (2 sticks)
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper, minced
Serve with low-fat and low-sodium crackers such as plain rice cracker, rye crackers; check the natural foods section of your local grocer for healthy options. Salsa would be nice on top or as a side dish with white fish like snapper or halibut.
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl, stirring to coat.
- Serve immediately at room temperature or store in the refrigerator for later use
- Stores up to 4 days in the fridge
Did you know?
Heirloom and organic varieties of tomato tend to contain more lycopene than conventionally grown tomatoes. Lycopene is a powerful antioxidant that has been shown to prevent visible signs of aging and boost your immunity.