Yield: Approximately 250 mL sauce
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 40 g fresh basil leaves (about 1 cup loosely packed)
- 1 cup pre-washed arugula
- 1 tsp Omega-3 fish oil, grapefruit flavour
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (or parmesan cheese)
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Add in last: ½ cup cold pressed olive oil
- Toast pine nuts in a pan on medium heat until fragrant, remove and set aside.
- Combine all pesto ingredients (except olive oil) in a food processor on high. Mix until well combined.
- While the food processor runs on low, pour in the olive oil and mix until pesto is smooth to your liking.
- Taste and adjust if needed. Serve with pasta or use as a sauce on your favourite meal!