For healthy glowing skin
- 1 ½ cup chilled filtered water
- 1 small orange, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup frozen organic raspberries
- ½ cup frozen organic mango
- 3 tbsp (15 mL) shelled hemp seeds
- 1 scoop (2.6 g) Collagen30 with Biotin powder
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes to sprinkle on top (if desired)
- Peel and quarter the orange. Remove seeds.
- Place all ingredients in the blender.
- Blend for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and sprinkle with coconut flakes for a crunchy texture!
Protein supplement options:
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder such as Webber Naturals Vegan Protein, Vanilla Cream. Consuming protein in the morning helps maintain blood sugar levels and reduce mid-morning hunger pangs.
- 1 scoop Webber Naturals Whey Protein, Vanilla Cream. Whey protein contains essential amino acids including L-lysine, an amino acid that helps collagen formation.
Shelled hemp seeds contain omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. These are healthy fats that contribute to good health, and a healthy complexion.
- Choose organic fruit when you can to reduce exposure pesticide residues.
- To get the desired consistency, add or reduce the amount of water you use.
- Frozen bananas add creaminess to your smoothie. Peel, chop, and store in a freezer bag.
- Chia seeds, flaxseeds, and shelled hemp seeds also thicken smoothies if you prefer not to use a banana. All these seeds contain healthy fats, protein, fibre, and other nutrients, so it’s nice to have them all stocked in the pantry to choose from.
- A powerful blender is the best choice when using frozen fruit and including ice cubes.
- Follow the manufacturer’s suggestions for loading the blend for best outcome. For example,
bottom-loading blenders often recommend adding the liquids first, followed by soft foods and powders, then frozen and ice cubes on top.
- For convenience, have ½–1 cup water on hand if you need to reduce the thickness once blending has started.