- 125 mL (1/2 cup) plain kefir
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) chives, chopped
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) mint, chopped
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) French shallot, chopped
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Delicata squash, about 500 g, sliced, seeds removed
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- 1 can 540 mL (19 oz.) small brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) fresh mint, chopped
- 100 g (3.5 oz) goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
- 45 mL (3 tbsp.) roasted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- In an airtight jar, vigorously mix all dressing ingredients. Refrigerate.
- Toss squash slices with oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and cook for 15 minutes. Turn over and continue cooking for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a salad bowl, combine remaining ingredients and dressing. Divide salad among 4 bowls and garnish with squash slices.
Makes: 4 small servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes