When it comes to getting your daily intake of vegetables every day, one of the easiest ways is by adding them to your smoothies. Leafy greens, such as kale and spinach, have nutrients such as vitamins A and D and will give your smoothie a nice bright green colour. Their taste is subtle, however, with the addition of fruit such as apple, pineapple or grapes. This recipe includes cucumber and lime for a refreshing twist.
- ½ cucumber
- 1 cup kale and/or spinach
- 1 celery stock
- ½ small avocado
- 1 small green apple
- ¼ cup pineapple or grapes
- 1 cup coconut water or more as desired
- Juice of 1/2 of a lime
- 3 basil leaves (optional)
- Knob of fresh ginger (optional)
- 1 rounded scoop of All Greens Superfood Powder
- Optional – 2 tsp chia, hemp or flaxseeds
- Add ingredients to the blender.
- Blend until smooth.