What’s your favourite way to eat almonds? From whole almonds to almond milk, almond flour, almond oil, and even almond butter popcorn, there are many delicious ways to incorporate almonds into your diet.
Along with their crunch and great taste, almonds also provide amazing nutritional benefits to your diet. Did you know that a one ounce or 28 g serving of whole almonds contains :
- 6 g of quality protein
- 9 g of healthy monounsaturated and 3.5 g of polyunsaturated fatty acids
- only 1 g of sugar
- 3.5 g dietary fibre
- 35 % Daily Value (DV) vitamin E
- 20 % DV magnesium
- 14 % DV phosphorus
- No sodium
This mouth-watering recipe for Almond Butter Popcorn is just as decadent as traditional caramel corn, but is made with wholesome guilt-free ingredients. It also has more protein and fibre than traditional recipes, which means that you’re more likely to satisfy your snack cravings with only a few handfuls!
- 6 cups air popped popcorn
- 3 tbsp smooth almond butter
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp coconut oil (2 tsp if your almond butter is a little dry)
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup whole almonds, chopped
- Set oven to 350˚F.
- Measure popcorn into a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and salt on medium-low.
- Stir continuously until completely melted and creamy.
- Stir in vanilla and immediately pour over popcorn.
- Carefully toss until evenly coated.
- Spread popcorn onto a parchment paper covered baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- Bake for 3 minutes, watching carefully to avoid burning.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool and enjoy!